The media library is essentially a repository for your images, videos, and PDFs. It acts as a content management system to keep all your assets organized, and easy to find and add to your Zoomforth sites.
You can find all of your assets in your media library - whether they were uploaded directly to your media library, were responses to prompts, were initially uploaded into one of your sites, or were created in one of your sites.
To learn about the different ways to add content to your media library, and how to organize the assets in your media library, watch this video or continue reading the article below:
How To Add Content to the Media Library
Every asset in the media library can be accessed by any Zoomforth user in your account. This allows you to have easy access to all of your content from any computer. To take advantage of this feature, though, you have to add content to your media library.
To drag and drop content into your media library, drag a file from a folder or your desktop over the media library, and release it.
Below is what you should see when you drag a file over the media library:
Note: You can upload assets directly into folders even though there is no marked place for dropping assets. To drop an asset directly into a folder you first have to be in that folder.
To manually upload content, select "Upload Media". You can then choose to choose a file from your file system, record a video directly into the media library, or add a Youtube video based on its URL.
The upload media button is in the top right of the media library:
What you see after selecting "Upload Media". Selecting "Upload File" should bring up the file selector for your operating system.
Other Ways That Assets Get Added to Your Media Library
Assets that are created in your sites or added to your sites from an external source are automatically uploaded to the media library. Similarly, responses to prompts are automatically uploaded to your media library and then sorted into folders.
Managing Your Assets and Organizing the Media Library
Managing assets may seem cumbersome but if done well it can save you lots of time when you are building sites. Organizing assets with titles, descriptions, and folders will allow you to quickly choose the correct asset when you are trying to add content to a site. Also, default titles and descriptions will automatically caption and describe your assets saving you an editing step each time you upload the asset.
To title and describe your asset:
1. Click on the Rename button in the upper segment of the right editing panel.
2. Enter your title and click on the Save button
3. Click on Add/Edit Description
4. Enter the description and click the "Save" button
Note: This will not caption assets that were uploaded to a site before you set a default caption.
To create a folder in your media library:
1. Click on the “Create Folder” button in the upper right-hand corner of your site.
2. Name the folder in the pop-up box and click “Submit.”
3. Select the folder to change the title of, move, and/or delete the folder.
To move an asset into your folder:
1. Select the asset you want to move.
2. Click on the “Move” button associated with the asset.
3. Select a new folder from the list in the pop-up box.
4. Click “Move” at the bottom of the pop-up box. The button only appears once you have selected a folder.