There are different call-to-action (CTA) elements that you can add to your site, such as signing up for an account or joining a mailing list. Some CTAs may call default applications in a computer to initiate an action, such as the default browser or soft phone utility.
In this article, we will cover how to implement a CTA that pulls up an email composer linked from hypertexts or link buttons.
To create a mailto call-to-action for a hypertext or link button:
1. Type the text you want to convert as a hypertext or button link in the text editor of the text section or text tile.
2. Highlight the text and click the Insert Link or Edit Link button on the pop-up editor panel menu.
3. On the left panel, select External Link.
4. In the succeeding field, type in the website address based on the appropriate syntax below:
For single recipient mailto link:
For mailto link with carbon copy recipient:
For mailto link with recipient and subject line:
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com&subject="Request for Staff Training"
For mailto link with recipient, subject line and body:
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com&subject="Request for Staff Training"&body="Staff training request for [date], with [number] attendees, about [training name]"
5. Under Style, select Button or Hyperlink, as preferred.
6. Click Save.