Zoomforth allows multi-factor authentication (MFA) to access restricted sites. When this option is selected, the visitor is first authenticated via email, then via a third-party device. The mobile device can either use its SMS utility or an application installed in it for authentication.
To setup a device for MFA via its SMS utility:
1. Complete a successful email authentication to get into the dialog box where the viewer can choose which MFA can be setup next. This article describes the experience during a successful email authentication.
2. Select the second option, SMS Message.
3. Enter the mobile number in the following dialog box and click Send Code.
4. Enter the code sent via SMS, from a third-party authentication service provider, and hit Submit to load the site.
The device only needs to be set up once for MFA, and it should work for all the other sites with MFA authentication shared by the same account. An MFA device would have to be set up again for the same site viewer or email address, though, when:
1. A prior MFA device reset request had been approved by a Zoomforth administrator; or
2. The site viewer is attempting to access another Zoomforth site with MFA authentication enabled, while the site was shared by another account instance or team. Sites shared from another Zoomforth account instance or team will have different domain or subdomain.